Refresh your knowledge and extend your learning: TEK School of Beekeeping Refresher Workshop
(Past/Current Students only – 1 Saturday)
This workshop is reserved for past students of either Level 2 or Level 3 Beekeeping Workshops by TEK.
The beekeeping industry is in a constant state of change and it is important to revisit your learning and keep up with the latest news.
The refresher workshop will allow time to explore in great depth certain diseases, pests and other risks to the industry as well as allow time for students to share their experiences since completing a Beekeeping Workshop by TEK.
This workshop does not involve working live bees, so personal protective equipment is not required.
For important information about allergies/time/location/required gear/cancellation policy etc., see the ‘additional information’ tab.
LOCATION ONE – CLASSROOM
8.30am Registrations- 8.45am (SHARP) START
- 8.45am – Session 1 (Q & A throughout)
- Student introductions and personal apiary updates
- Refresher on Legislation in QLD
- Social collaboration in beekeeping
- 9.45am – Morning Tea
- 10.00 am – Session 2 (Q & A throughout)
- New beekeeping equipment and updates
- The current market of bees and bee related products
- Disease and Pest Updates
- AFB Focus Class
- 11.00am – Session 3
- Students Q and A Session – Help and Advice
- Lunch Break (B.Y.O LUNCH, Tea and Coffee Facilities Available)
- 12.30pm – Move to LOCATION TWO (5 min drive) (TBA)
- 1pm – Honey Flora Walk (UPDATED)
- Identifying local honey flora in the field – Camera Compulsory
- 3pm – Conclusion