This workshop is for intermediate to advanced beekeepers who want the ability to rear queens for their own use all year round. Learn the theory behind and practice the art of queen rearing – with hands-on application of grafting newly hatched larvae right up to planting the sealed queen cell into mating nucleus hives.
An old saying is: – If you have 10 beekeepers in discussion you will get 20 answers
This is about the 21ST answer
Knowing how to rear Queen Bees can be beneficial in keeping bee hives perpetual young and maximising the amount of honey extracted. Allan has been rearing Queen Bees for over 25 years, and keeping bees for more than double that.
This workshop is suitable for any Hobbyist, Registered Beekeeper interested in learning how to rear Queen Bees for their own use only.
Students receive a Folder and also 8 different stages of original video that clearly outlines the “TEK” system for rearing quality queens. The folder aligns with the theory tutorials that students participate in each morning, before the practical components are attempted.
IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF ENROLMENT THAT YOU ARE A REGISTERED BEEKEEPER – AND YOU MUST HAVE KEPT BEES FOR AT LEAST ONE COMPLETE SEASON.
– Students are to complete a Level 3 Entry Test (theory) before booking is accepted – Level 3 is an advanced workshop!
– Once payment is made, you will be provided with the level 3 entry test. You must achieve 100% on the Level 3 Entry test to have your booking confirmed. You may attempt the test as many times as required.
A Brief Overview of the practical components of the Workshop:
– The workshop to run Practical and Theory components: – 2 days (Saturdays) of about 5 – 6 hours – full on
– The workshop is limited to a maximum number of 12 persons with 2 Instructors
Day 1 Practical –
– Opening the hives to remove hatched eggs for grafting
– On site – preparing the Nuces, Queen-less to receive cell the following week
Day 2 Practical –
– Checking of cell bar for numbers of taken queen cells
– Checking for and Destroying Rogue Queen Cells
– Placement of sealed cells in the prepared Nuces, previous week
Select the ‘additional information tab’ for further details.